Saturday, September 26, 2009

Abandonded





















I open my eyes but no  light comes through
As I extend my hand sir slips throughmy fingers
As if even this inanimate object want to abandon me too
Flee far away from wherever I might be
I walk a distance and finally give up
I'll never get out of this place, I'm stuck
I start to sob
And fall to my knees
An explosion of anger erupts in me
I howl 'Why?!' opening my jaw to its full extent
I felt better because the emotions I had to vent
I take a deep breath and calm myself down
A moment later I feel a warm liquid trickle down my gown
Touching my chest, I feel a gaping whole where my heart used to be
I only now realize death lurking over me
I only now realize my body turning numb
And coldness creeping into me
I know its my time
So I let it be
I lay flat and let it consume me
My last thought is of how you stole my heart
And left me to bleed
Even though I was carrying your seed.

1 comment: